Property Tax Department headed by Tax Collecting Sarkar or Department in – Charge deals with collection property tax which is imposed by Assessment Department at the beginning of every Financial Year or after time to time successful completion of any mutation. In a nutshell property tax department plays a major role in increasing the Municipal own source revenue income. Municipality generates 40% – 50% of its own source income through collection of property tax from different holdings. At Bongaon Municipallity we have adopted computerization in Property Tax department. The major responsibilities of Property tax Department are as follows –
- Door to door distribution of demand bill at the beginning of each financial year.
- Collection of property tax from different holdings according to distributed of demand bill. Ward wise Tax Collector is also engaged for tax collection purpose. Beside this Municipality has arranged the camp of Property tax collection.
- Process Hardship or Vacancy Remission, Exemption according to the applications received by the department.
- Monitor all the collectors on daily basis to increase Municipal Revenue.
Monitor all Government, Big & industrial holdings on regular basis to collect maximum amount of property tax within the due date of financial.
Rules and Regulations for Assessment and Mutation matters
- In case of new Assessment of Tax.
- Tax and Mutation form (to be collected from cash counter of this municipality).
- Photocopy of the deed (both sides) of the applicant.
- Photocopy of the previous transfer deed/parcha (ROR)
- Photocopy of the site/boundary plan.
- Photocopy of Tax receipt of previous owner or inform the name of the owner, holding no. and locality of the adjacent land.
- In case of transfer of property on and from 01.03.1997, Transfer Permission to be taken from this municipality.
- Mutation of property in case of inheritance/succession
- Mutation form to be collected from cash counter.
- Affidavit of all the claimants’/successors, (married or unmarried) showing all the details of land and house.
- Original deed along with one set Blue Print & a photocopy.
- Photocopy of current Tax receipt.
- Photocopy of death certificate of the original owner.
- All the above documents should be duly certified by the local councillor.
- In case of Residential houses:
- For reassessment of Tax, prescribed form to be collected from Assessment Department.
- Photocopy of last paid tax receipt duly signed by the local councillor.
- For reassessment of commercial building, contact with the Assessment Department of this Municipality.
প্রতি সপ্তাহের বুধবার মিউটেশন করা হয় ঃ-
মিউটেশনর সময় নিম্নলিখিত কাগজগুলি সাথে আনিতে হইবে-
১) আসল দলিল
২) ভোটার আই কার্ডের জেরক্স
৩) রেশন কার্ডের জেরক্স
৪) আধার কার্ডের জেরক্স
৫) ২ কপি ফটো
৬) ট্যাক্সের রসিদ
৭) মিউটেশনের টাকা জমা দেওয়ার আসল রশিদ।