E-Governance is the public sector’s use of information and communication technologies with the aim of improving information and service delivery , encouraging citizen participation in the decision-making process and making government more accountable, transparent and effective.
Brief Introduction of E Governance in the ULBs
1) All the following software modules has been developed and tested and now ready to be rolled out to the ULBs.
- Infrastructure Management System
- Birth & Death
- Property Tax
- ULB Infrastructure
- Trade License
- School Information System
- Ward Wise Management
- Public Grievance
- Health System
- Water Works Management System
- building Plan
2) Above modules has been developed based the studies done on the existing processes of the ULBs and the requirements gathered from the ULBs.
3) For smooth operational efficiency of the future processes of ULBs after implementation of E Governance, a Business precess reengineering document has been prepared, having description of current, process proposed process and how the transforamtion from existing system to the proposed system.
4) After completion of training, we have already started Birth & Death Module.
Benefits of E-governance
- i) E-Enablement
- ii) Operational efficiency
- iii) Benefit to the Citizen
The application would automate the entire functionality which would help the citizen in easy, efficient and error free transaction. Citizen would be benefited in the following ways:
- No data or document of citizen will get lost
- Tansactions would be faster and more secure
- Any information about the citizen can be easily tracked
- Citizen would in advance get reminders for all the payments due.
- Cost saving
- Better utilisation of men and material
Objective of E Governance under current application :
- Convenient anytime, anywhere citizen and employee services
- Streamlined, standardized electronic information gathering and access
- Facilitation of information reuse, across and with in the departments of ULB
- Electronic delivery of services to meet the citizen expectations and requirements
- Continued compliance with government and legal regulations and stardards
Name of the IT Coordinator and Contact No.-